- Denne hendelse har allerede funnet sted.
Konferanse: The Sea is History – Discourses on the Poetics of Relation
23. mai - 24. mai
Velkommen til internasjonal konferanse i skjæringspunktet mellom samtidskunst, kulturhistorie, museer og poesi i regi av Kulturhistorisk museum, UiO torsdag-fredag 23. og 24. mai. 2019
- 9:00-9:30 Registration and Coffee
- 9:30-9:45 Welcome by Håkon Glørstad, Director, the Museum of Cultural History, University of Oslo
- 9:45-10:00 Hannah Wozene Kvam, moderator. Introduction of session and speakers.
- 10:00-10:30 Selene Wendt, Independent curator and founder of the Global Art Project. “Reflections on The Sea is History: From Poetic Politics to Visual Poetry”
- 10:30-11:00 Christopher Cozier, Artist, writer, curator, co-director of Alice Yard. “Suspended Forms and Horizon Lines”
- 11:00-11:30 Annie Paul, Writer and critic. “On Stuart Hall”
- 11: 30-12:45 Lunch
- 12:45-13:00 Hannah Wozene Kvam, Moderator. Introduction of session and speakers.
- 13:00-13:30 Ishion Hutchinson, Author and poet. Poetry Reading
- 13:30-14:00 Louisa Olufsen Layne, Post.doc. ILOS, UiO. “Linton Kwesi Johnson: From Tropic to Underground”
- 14:00-14:30 Grace Aneiza Ali, Assistant Professor and Provost Faculty Fellow in the Department of Art & Public Policy at the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, Curator, Writer and Editor. “Artistic Responses to Crossing the kala pani (Hindi for ‘dark waters’)”
- 14:30-14:45 Coffee
- 14:45-15:45 Panel discussion
- 15:45-16:45 Exhibition viewing
- 9:30-9:45 Coffee
- 9:45-10:00 Hannah Wozene Kvam, Moderator. Introduction of session and speakers.
- 10:00-10:30 Cancelled, other speaker to be decided
- 10:30-11:00 Michelle Tisdel, PhD, Social anthropologist/Research Librarian, National Library of Norway. “The Sea is Heritage: On Narratives, Discourse, and Cuban Museums”
- 11:30-12:00 Michael Barrett, Curator Africa, Museums of World Cultures. “Finding the Black Atlantic: The Atlantic World and the African Diaspora in Swedish Museums and Archives”
- 12:00-13:15 Lunch
13:15-13:30 Hannah Wozene Kvam, Moderator. Introduction of session and speakers.
- 13:30 – 14:00 Nanette Snoep, director of The Rautenstrauch-Joest-Museum/Cultures of the World, Cologne: “In Practice: Rethinking Museums, Borders and Fluidity
- 14:00 – 14:30 Lill Ann Körber, Professor of Nordic literature, media and culture, Aarhus University: “The White Atlantic? Representing Scandinavian Colonialism”
- 14:30-14:45 Coffee
- 14:45-15:45 Panel discussion and summary
- Conference fee includes lunch, coffee, tea 10 Euro/Students 5 Euro.
Konferansen vil foregå på engelsk.